POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I have a problem with Media : Re: I have a problem with Media Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:31:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I have a problem with Media
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 10 Apr 1999 13:54:29
Message: <370f8245.0@news.povray.org>
Hmm, these settings _should_ give a rather smooth media. I think min_samples
could be dropped quite a bit, actually. You could try lowering variance to
1/256. Sometimes (I'm not sure, under what conditions) media looks very
grainy when the light_source is nearly anti-parallel to the camera. Have you
tried some mega-high sampling rate and does that solve the problem?
Like Ken suggests, the extinction should be lowered for fog (or any media
whose particles have a high albedo); 0.1 seems a bit extreme, though.
Dunno...
BTW, your scene must be truly huge, if such low-intensity media shows up at
all.

Margus